Showing 1–20 of 20 results
Raftelis Leadership Scholarship
The American Water Works Association offers the Scholarship to students to complete their degree programs and who are eager to become problem solvers for local governments and municipal water utilities.
Oracle Corporate Scholars Program
The Oracle Corporate Scholars Program awards $10,000 to 10 college students each to further their education.
Carlozzi Family Scholarship
The NYWICI offers two undergraduate and graduate female students the Carlozzi Family Scholarship, ranging between $2,500 to $10,000, demonstrating writing excellence to further their education in communications.
Scholarships of $8,000 are awarded to college sophomores and juniors who major in business at UNCF colleges by the UBS/Painwebber Scholarship Program.
LAGRANT Foundation Graduate Scholarships
The $3,750- scholarship is awarded to 40 graduate students who identify as minorities to pursue their studies in PR, marketing, and advertising. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.20.
LAGRANT Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
Thirty (30) ethnic minority undergraduate students will receive $2,500 scholarships and a trip to New York City, New York, for career-building activities as part of the LAGRANT Foundation Scholarship Program.
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships
BAM is committed to assisting Black employees in their professional development and encouraging youngsters to seek a career in technology.
Mission North The Future Is… Fellowship
The Future Is… Fellowship awards $15,000 to one female BIPOC(Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color) student pursuing studies in communications with an interest in tech or science.
Price It Here, Inc. Scholarship Program
The Price It Here Scholarship Program is awarded twice every year to two students pursuing, or due to be enrolled in, business-related courses at accredited U.S. colleges or universities.
DMI Scholarship Program
The National Dairy Promotion and Research Board offers t$2,500 to 11 students in their sophomore, junior, or senior years to complete their degree programs and pursue a career in dairy.
RDW Group Communications Scholarship for People of Color
The RDW Group Communications Scholarship for People of Color grants up to $2,500 to students of color who are studying a communications major at a Rhode Island institution.
Ohio News Media Foundation Minority Scholarship
The Scholarship, administered by Ohio Newspaper Association, offers one scholarship to the value of $750 to a high school senior majoring in journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications.
Ohio News Media Foundation Scholarships
The Ohio News Media Foundation (ONMF) offers the Ohio News Media Foundation Scholarships of $750 to high school and college students interested in or pursuing newspaper-related majors in Ohio.
Accenture Native American Scholarship Fund
The Accenture Native American Scholarship Fund offers five awards ranging up to $30,000 to undergraduate Native American and Alaska Native students.
Green Visionary Scholarship
The New South Window Solutions offers the Green Visionary Scholarship of $1,000 to one undergraduate student with the most innovative idea in sustainable construction to complete his/her studies.
Foare Scholarship Program
The FOARE Scholarship Program of $5, 000 to 11 undergraduate and graduate students each to further their education. The scholarship program consists of eight distinct scholarships.
Media Fellows Scholarships
Washington Media Scholars Foundation offers the Media Fellows Scholarships of $1,000 to exceptional students pursuing undergraduate studies in advertising, marketing, communications, business, political science, and strategic media.
RICOH Scholarship Program
The scholarship awards brilliant students from the minority community keen on advancing their academic careers in certain disciplines while studying at HBCUs.
Beldon Roofing Company offers annual scholarships worth $1,000 to two selected students. The high-performing applicants are selected based on academic record and aptitude shown in the application process.
Dairy Shrine / DMI Education & Communication Scholarship
The National Dairy Shrine annually awards up to $1,500 through the Dairy Shrine / DMI Education & Communication Scholarship to three college sophomores majoring in dairy or other agricultural-related fields.
About marketing scholarships
Pursuing a degree in marketing, a vital facet of the broader business major, can be an exciting and intellectually stimulating journey. Marketing professionals are the architects of brand success, the creators of innovative advertising campaigns, and the strategists behind effective market penetration. However, the path to becoming a marketing expert can be financially daunting for many students. This is where scholarships play a crucial role. Scholarships not only alleviate the financial burden associated with higher education but also enable deserving individuals to pursue their passion for marketing. In this digital age of commerce and communication, marketing scholarships have never been more important, ensuring that aspiring marketers can access the education they need to thrive in this dynamic field. Explore this page to discover opportunities, tips, and insights to help you secure the financial support necessary to embark on your marketing education journey.
Types of marketing scholarships 2023
Marketing scholarships come in various forms to cater to the diverse needs and aspirations of students pursuing a career in this field. Here are some common types of marketing scholarships:
- Merit-based scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership skills, and extracurricular involvement. Applicants are typically required to maintain a certain GPA and demonstrate a strong commitment to marketing-related activities.
- Need-based scholarships: Need-based scholarships take into account a student's financial circumstances. Eligibility often depends on the student's family income, and these scholarships are designed to help students who may not have the means to fund their education fully.
- Industry-specific scholarships: Many organizations and associations related to marketing offer scholarships to students interested in a particular niche within the field. For example, there are scholarships for digital marketing, market research, advertising, and more, which may require applicants to have a specific focus in their studies.
- Diversity scholarships: These scholarships aim to promote diversity and inclusion within the marketing profession. They may be awarded to individuals from underrepresented backgrounds, such as minorities, women, or individuals with disabilities.
- Internship or work experience scholarships: Some organizations offer scholarships to students who have completed relevant internships or work experiences in the marketing field. These scholarships reward hands-on experience and dedication.
- Entrepreneurial scholarships: If you have entrepreneurial aspirations within the marketing realm, there are scholarships available for students with innovative marketing business ideas. These scholarships often require a business plan or proposal as part of the application process.
- Regional or college-specific scholarships: Some scholarships are offered by individual colleges or universities, while others are specific to certain geographic regions. These awards may have unique eligibility criteria and application processes.
It's essential to research and identify scholarships that align with your qualifications, interests, and career goals. Scholarships not only provide financial assistance but also recognition for your dedication to the field of marketing, helping you achieve your academic and professional aspirations.
Careers to pursue with a marketing major
A marketing major opens the door to a wide array of career opportunities. As businesses continue to evolve in response to changing consumer behaviors and technologies, the demand for marketing professionals remains strong. Here are some of the top careers to pursue with a marketing major:
- Digital marketing manager: In the digital age, companies are increasingly relying on digital marketing strategies to reach their target audiences. Digital marketing managers oversee online advertising campaigns, social media marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), content marketing, email marketing, and more. They analyze data to optimize strategies and ensure a strong online presence for their organizations.
- Advertising manager: Advertising managers are responsible for promoting products, services, or brands through advertising campaigns. They work closely with creative teams to create eye-catching ads and media planners to choose the most effective channels for reaching their target audience.
- Social media manager: Social media managers are experts in leveraging social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to build brand awareness, engage with customers, and drive sales. They create and curate content, manage social media advertising, and analyze social media performance metrics.
- Market researcher: Market researchers gather and analyze data about consumer preferences, market trends, and competitive landscapes. They use this information to provide insights that guide marketing strategies and product development. Market researchers may work in-house for a company or as part of a market research agency.
- Brand manager: Brand managers are responsible for building and maintaining a company's brand image. They develop brand strategies, manage product portfolios, and collaborate with marketing teams to ensure consistent branding across all communication channels.
- Content marketing specialist: Professionals in the field of content marketing strive to create valuable and relevant content for their target audience. They produce a range of content formats like blog posts, articles, videos, and infographics to boost organic traffic, establish brand authority, and generate leads.
- Public relations specialist: Public relations specialists are responsible for managing an organization's public image and reputation. They cultivate and sustain relationships with the media, create press releases, manage crisis communication, and coordinate events to enhance favorable public perception
A marketing major provides a versatile skill set that can be applied to various industries and roles. Whether you're passionate about digital marketing, advertising, social media, market research, or brand management, there's a rewarding career path waiting for you in the dynamic field of marketing. If you're interested in other business fields, head to our Business Scholarships page.
Marketing scholarships for high school seniors 2023
Your senior year is predominantly dedicated to planning for your future, whether it involves pursuing higher education or exploring alternative paths. If you intend to apply for scholarships, it's crucial to initiate the planning process early. Early planning allows you the necessary time to meticulously prepare your scholarship applications. Moreover, it offers you the chance to enhance your academic performance, engage in extracurricular activities, and compile the essential documents required for your applications. Being well-prepared is the cornerstone of achieving success in securing scholarships.
Here are a few scholarships for high school seniors interested in pursuing a marketing degree:
Price It Here, Inc. Scholarship Program
RDW Group Communications Scholarship for People of Color
CardRates.com Financial Futures Scholarship
NJCPA Scholarship Fund - High School Seniors
Tips for applying for marketing scholarships
1. Research scholarship opportunities: Be on the lookout for scholarship opportunities that align with your career goals and interests. Keep track of deadlines and pay close attention to application requirements.
2. Demonstrate your passion: These organizations get hundreds of applications every cycle, so make sure you're putting your best foot forward. Express genuine interest in accounting as a field of study and future career.
3. Tailor your application: Don't just submit the same answers and essays for all your applications. Customize the essays and recommendations for each scholarship.
4. Reach out for many letters of recommendation: Ask a professor or another professional who can speak positively about your academic performance, work ethic, and character. The more informed letters of recommendation you have, the more likely you are to stand out from other applicants.
Frequently asked questions
What is a marketing scholarship?
A marketing scholarship is an award given to students who are interested in pursuing marketing as their major. They are offered by universities or colleges, private organizations, corporations, and professional associations. These scholarships will help cover the costs of your tuition and other expenses such as textbooks.
How to realistically get scholarships?
The best way to get a scholarship is to apply for one, or a few, that you know you have a good chance of winning. It’s pointless to apply for something you aren’t even eligible for. Putting maximum effort into your application is also a good idea. Ensure you are organized and that the materials you submit are error-free.
What GPA do most scholarships require?
Not all scholarships require students to have a specific GPA, but those that do usually require a fairly high GPA. A GPA of 3.0 is usually the minimum. Scholarships that require a specific GPA are usually for more academically inclined students.
Can I get a full-ride scholarship with a 3.5 GPA?
Yes, a 3.5 GPA is quite high. For scholarships that require a specific GPA, a GPA of 3.5 will indicate that you are a hard-working and academically strong student. Most full-ride scholarships are aimed at rewarding students who are academically gifted by supporting their higher education.