The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner and if you’re looking for some ideas on where to spend your holidays, we’ve got you covered. Scholaroo has analyzed different factors such as the mobility and visitation patterns in each city, the percentage of travelers from another state, and the top 5 of states where visitors came the more to that special city to spend the holidays season. So whether you’re looking for a winter wonderland or a sunny escape, read on for our guide to the most popular US destinations.
- The cities with the highest Mobility Index are Atlanta-Georgia (4.09), New Orleans- Louisiana (4.08), Birmingham-Alabama (4.06) and, San Antonio-Texas (4.03).
- The two states where people travel most to other places are Georgia and Alabama.
- The cities that have the highest percentages of travelers from another state are New York City (9.90%), Walt Disney World-Orlando (9.40%), Miami-Florida (9.40%) and, Phoenix-Arizona (9.40%).
Scholaroo has analyzed the percentage of people traveling from other states to these cities for holidays. Here are the top 10 cities that have the most travelers from out of state.
This is the complete ranking for the 20 most popular cities to spend holidays in the United States.
- Mobility Index: Mobility and visitation patterns in each city.
- Percentage of travelers from another state: Number of people that is from another state and is traveling to that city.
- Top 5 of visitors from another state: Top 5 of states where people travel the most to to that special destination.